- RAGGING is “any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has
the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness by any other student, indulging in rowdy or
undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological
harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the
students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course
and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to
adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.”
- “As per notification of Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resources & Development (No. 23242),
the Ragging is defined as a willful injury of students and is strictly prohibited and punishable in the
form of expulsion or suspension. Any incidence reported, will be dealt seriously by the authorities,
so the ragging of any kind is completely banned in the Institution. Any student found guilty of the
above shall be severely punished.”
- Ragging or any act that comes under the purview of ragging is STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the college.
Any incidence of ragging reported will be dealt by the authorities of College as serious offence and
is punishable in the form of Expulsion, Rustication, Suspension or fine with public apology.
- “No act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed or
unpunished”. The college has Zero Tolerance Policy on this matter.
- Senior students are advised not to indulge themselves in any kind of activity even so
called “INTRODUCTION” with a fresher or a junior student which comes under the purview of
- Seniors students are strictly warned not to call fresher or junior students in their hostel room or
outside the college campus, because this act will be enough to take a strict disciplinary action
against the senior students. If such event occurs, the junior students are advised to note down the
name(s) of senior students from their name plates and forward these names immediately to Hostel
Wardens/Members of the Anti-ragging Committee/Principal for further necessary action. If
required, the Principal/college authorities may call parade of senior students for the purpose of
identification of the culprit.
- Any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of fresher or junior
students will be considered within the academics related aspect of ragging; similarly, exploiting the
services of a junior student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group
of senior students is also an aspect of academics related ragging. If such cases are reported, strict
disciplinary actions will be taken against the senior students.
- Senior Students who are found indulged in use of derogatory/abusive/offensive/vulgar language or
in making bad/unacceptable remarks on any religion or cast or in giving any kind of threat to junior
students within the premises of the institute or outside the institute shall be liable of strict
disciplinary action. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, or any other electric medium and
public insults are considered within the psychological aspects of ragging. Any act that affects the
mental health and self confidence of fresher students is also described in terms of the
psychological aspect of ragging.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homo-sexual assaults, stripping,
forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or
person comes under the category of ragging with criminal dimensions.
- The injury caused to the fundamental right to human dignity through humiliation heaped on junior
students by seniors comes under the human rights perspective of ragging.
- Any kind of act by a senior student to junior student which causes traumatic feelings and leaves
emotional scars in the personalities of the victims is legally prohibited.
- All junior students are advised to move in groups only. They are advised to protest/resist any kind
of act that comes under ragging and report the same to Principal or any other appropriate college
authority. All junior students are advised to immediately contact Hostel Wardens/Members of
Anti-ragging Committee/ Principal whenever they become victim of any kind of act that comes
under ragging. Mobile numbers/phone numbers of Hostel Wardens, Members of Anti-ragging
Committee and Principal is provided to the students at the time of admission.
- College administration is absolutely firm in its conviction to curb and prevent any act of ragging
and ensure that the stay of students in college is completely safe.