Dr. Deepu George Mathew
Position: HOD & Professor
Experience: 14+ Years
Qualification: MDS-Oral Pathology and Microbiology, PG Diploma in Health Sciences in Tobacco Control, (PhD)
Dr Deepu George Mathew has 14 years of teaching and research experience. He has a postgraduate diploma in Tobacco control and a certificate degree in Biostatistics, epidemiology and research methodology. He has been an invited speaker to many national and international conferences and has many international publications to his credit. His research interests are Oral precancers and cancers, tissue culture and studies on craniofacial development using zebra fish model.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Dr T Rajashekaran award for best photography in oral and maxillofacial pathology by Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists in the year 2008.
- Avatar Krishnan prize in 14th Indo-US flow cytometry workshop at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
- Personalized Medicine: A New Era in Dentistry- Indian Journal of Natural Sciences, April 2022: Vol.13(71): 40789-93
- Metastatic Carcinoma of the Breast Presenting as Gingival Swelling in the Maxilla: A Case Report. Case Reports in Dentistry. Sept 2022: Vol 2022; 1-9.
- Human Dirofilariasis. Online J Health Allied Scs. 2020;19(4):7.
- Perceptions And Practices About Hiv/Aids Among Medical And Nursing Interns: A Cross-Sectional Study.NOVYI MIR Research Journal.Volume 5, Issue 11, 2020:157-69.
- Periphral ossifying fibroma . a case report and literature review Annoor dental journal.Jan-Apr,vol.2,issue 2,2020.
- Serum Iron Indices in Patients with Oral Submucous Fibrosis- A Comparative Study. J Orofac Sci 2020;12:107-12
- Ligneous Periodontitis in a Patient with Type 1 Plasminogen Deficiency: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.Case Reports in Dentistry Volume 2020
- A review on zebra fish as an experimental model for studying craniofacial development disorders.Oral Maxillofac Pathol J 2020;11(2):57-59.
- Localized Toxicity in Patients with Fixed Orthodontic.Appliance: A Case Control Study.Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, December 2019, Vol. 10, No. 12.
- The Role of Langerhans Cells in Autoimmune and Non-Autoimmune Inflammatory Conditions – A Case Control Study. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 18, Issue 6 Ser. 17 (June. 2019), PP 13-19.
- Oral Field cancerization and its clinical implications in the management of potentially malignant disorders. J of Pharm Bioall Sci 2017;9:S23-5.
- Classification of Giant Cell Lesions of the Oral Cavity: A Fresh Perspective. Oral Maxillofac Pathol J 2016;7(2):710-716.
- Epidemiology of Oral Lichen Planus in a Cohort of South Indian Population: A Retrospective Study. J Cancer Prev 2016;21:55.
- Undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma presenting as a gingival mass: A rare case. Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 2015;4:130.
- A study of sister chromatid exchange in patients with dental amalgam restorations. Indian J Dent Res(Official publication of Indian Society for Dental Research) 2014;25:772.
- Adult forensic age estimation using mandibular first molar radiographs: A novel technique; J forensic Dent Sci 2013;3:56.
- Ameloblastic Fibro-Odontoma: A Case Report. Journal of Indian Dental Association Thamilnadu 2012;4:32
- Drug induced oral erythema multiforme ;a rare and less recognised variant of erythema multiforme .J oral maxillofac pathol(Official publication of Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists) 2012;16:145.
- The use of insects in forensic investigations:An overview on the scope of forensic entomology.J forensic Dent Sci 2011;3:89.
- Unusual presentation of late stage acute lymphocytic leukemia in a dental clinic; a diagnostic challenge.Kerala Dental Journal 2011;34:394.
- Proliferative and morphologic characterization of buccal mucosal fibroblasts in areca nutchewers: A cell culture study. Indian J Dent Res(Official publication of Indian Society for Dental Research) 2011;22:879.
- Review on paraneoplastic syndromes associated with oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas. J oral maxillofac pathol (Official publication of Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists) 2010,14;41-47.
- Assessment of fibroblast subpopulations in oral submucous fibrosis (OSF) a precancerous condition.( Abstract)Oral oncology supplement 2009;158.
- Biofilms concepts and its clinical significance in dentistry. A.P.State Dental Journal;2008,1;21-25.
- Molecular and cellular therapies-Frontiers of dentistry,Costal Andhra Dental Journal;2007,6;6-10.
- Kerala State Council of Science Technology and Environment Funded Project, 2019 & 2021
- S. A. WAKSMAN PRIZE for the Best UG Research Proposal 2020