Dr. Gopikrishnan s.
Position: HOD & Professor
Experience: 19 + Years
Qualification: MDS-Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Dr. Gopikrishnan is a graduate and post graduate from the prestigious A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore. After his post-graduation in 1999, he has been in academics from 2003. He has post graduate training experience from 2008 and has experience in heading department of orthodontics from 2011. He is widely published and is a prolific speaker. He has keen interest in latest trends in orthodontic mechanotherapy and is an excellent clinician.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Knowledge, Awareness, And Attitude Among Practicing Orthodontist on Teledentistry During Covid Pandemic in Kerala: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal Of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences. 2021 Jun 1;13(5): 846.
- Treatment of a Skeletal Class III Case in a Growing Patient with Face Mask Therapy-AJSR Vol 3, Issue 2, Jan. – Apr. 2021
- Mesio-distal widths of mandibular permanent first molars and incisors as predictors of mandibular permanent canine and premolar widths (Melgaco method): applicability and reliability in north Kerala population. KDJ; January 2020; Vol-43; No 1
- Root resorption in Orthodontics. J Indian Dental Association Kochi; 2019; 1(3)6-14
- An overview of interdisciplinary approach by orthodontics and periodontics. Malanadu dental journal; 2018:18-21.
- Biodegradable implants for orthodontic anchorage; a new paradigm. KDJ 2018:41(1): 15-17
- One-phase versus two-phase orthodontic treatment- who benefits?: Malabar Dentist, Vol 31 Jan-Mar 2018
- Biodegradable implants for Orthodontic anchorage; a new paradigm;Kerala Dental Journal, Vol 41 Jan 2018
- An overview on retention strategies. Kerala Dental Journal, Vol 39 Oct 2016:
- A comparative study of bio degradation of various Orthodontic arch wires: an in vitro study; Journal of International Oral Health, 2015 Jan: 7(1): 12-7
- A novel heterozygous mutation (F252Y) in exon 7 of the IRF6 gene is associated with oral squamous cell carcinomas; Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2013:14(11)