DR. HIMA JOHN
Experience: 7+ Years
Qualification: MDS-Oral Medicine and Radiology, (PhD)
Dr Hima John, is an excellent academician who finds joy in sharing her knowledge with the young budding dentists. She has been academically proficient throughout her BDS and MDS days with many university ranks and awards to her credit. A keen orator who is always ready to share her experiences and has a different approach to train her students by sharing with them a plethora of case scenarios. She has over a decades experience with CBCT interpretations and has a keen eye for detail. She is one of the 3 PHD candidates in the field of Dentistry under KUHS 2nd batch who is currently pursuing PHD in her specialty.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- First place in quiz competition at National IAOMR post graduate convention -2014 at Bangalore
Best Debater award at National IAOMR post graduate convention -2014 at Bangalore
- Best paper presentation for the paper titled “Calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumour of anterior mandible-a case report ” at National IAOMR post graduate convention -2014 at Bangalore Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences 6th rank holder for MDS examinations in 2015.
- Winner of the D K Adikeshavalu Award For the outstanding Academic Achievement from Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences in 2016.
- University Rank in 1st BDS for Anatomy (RGUHS)
- University Rank In 3rd BDS for Oral Pathology and General Medicine(RGUHS)
- First runner up- Young researcher award at Dentistry Positive season 3, a National level academic Conference in Thrissur 2017
- First place at the National OMFS Day Quiz competition held at Annoor Dental College in February 2019
- The Aggressive Masquerade-Juvenile Ossifying Fibroma of Maxilla: An Interesting Case Report EC Dental Sciences 2022; 21(11): 34-41.
- Prevalence of Lichen Planus in South Indian Population. Annoor journal of scientific research 2021;3(2):295-297
- Prevalence of Denture Related Oral Mucosal Lesion – A Cross Sectional Study. . Annoor journal of scientific research 2020;3(1):268-272
- Diagnosis and Surgical Planning of Dentigerous Cyst Involving Impacted Mandibular Third Molar: A CBCT perspective. Annoor journal of scientific research 2020;3(1):246-250
- Prevalence of Oral Habits in Children and their Ill effects. Annoor journal of scientific research 2020;2(3):236-238
- Vertical condylar fracture mimicking as bifid condyle : CBCT analysis of a rare case report. Annoor journal of scientific research 2020;2(3):224-228
- Aarteriovenous malformation of parotid gland –diagnostic Perspective – a case report. t. Indian J Dent Res 2020;31:164-6.
- Calcifying cystic odontogenic tumour of anterior mandible-A case report with series of follow up radiograph. J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol 2019;31:181-3.
- Dental Quiz for General Dental Practitioners. Annoor journal of scientific research 2019;2(1):166-167
- Understanding bell’s palsy – a review. Annoor journal of scientific research 2019;2(1):159-165
- Prevalence of geographic tongue and its association with other disorders among patients visiting a dental college in Kerala. Malanadu Dental Journal 2018;7(1):9 – 13
- Radicular Cyst – A Review. Annoor Journal of Scientific Research 2018;1(1): 45 – 48
- Cavernous hemangioma of the tongue: A Case Report Outlining Radiological Facet. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2017;4(8): 842 – 845
- Acromegaly: Oral Diagnosticians Role In Diagnosis: A Case Report. Ijss Case Reports And Reviews.2016;2(8):8-11
- Association of periodontitis, elevated C reactive protein levels and acute myocardial infarction- a case control study. International Journal of Current Research.2015;7(1): 24415-24419
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography Aided Diagnosis of Double Dens Invaginatus In A Fused Supernumerary Tooth And Maxillary Central Incisor: A Case Report. Ijss Case Reports and Reviews.2015;2(5):24-27
- Pemphigus vulgaris: a report of 2 cases, Ijss Case Reports And Reviews.2015;3(5):24-27