Dr. Jose Paul
Position: HOD & DEAN – Student Affairs
Qualification: BDS, MDS-Periodontics
Dr. Jose Paul is a talented periodontist with more than 20 years of academic experience. Our students have immensely benefitted from the rich expertise bestowed upon him. An understanding and passionate teacher, he is also a sought-after speaker at various regional and national scientific forums.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- National award for the ‘Best CDE Chairman – 2019” IDA
- Best Editor – IDA National & State Award – 2018
- Recipient of the ‘Young Scientist Award ” by the Government of Kerala, for his pioneering work on Platelet Rich Plasma for Periodontal regeneration – 2003
- The Crevice Fluid – A Review JSPIK2022;14(3)
- Trauma from Occlusion-A Review, JSPIK2022;Vol 14(3)
- Assessment of awareness and acceptance of teleconsultation among public: A cross sectional study. The Journal of Dental Panacea 2022;4(3):128–132
- Smoking and its Effects on Periodontium – A Review. Journal of Pierre Fauchard Academy (India Section), 2022:Vol 36(3);p. 81-90
- Estimation Of Knowledge and Awareness of Gynecologists Regarding Gingival/Periodontal Disease During Pregnancy a Cross Sectional Study. Jspik 2021;13(1):5
- Estimation of oral neutrophil counts following Periodontal therapy in patients with chronic periodontal disease utilizing a standardized oral rinse- Interventional study. JPFA2021; 35(4): 119-127.
- Assessment of knowledge and perceptions in relation to COVID-19 pandemic among dental professionals during the first 40 days of national lockdown in India. IJOHD2021;7(1):33-39
- Assessment of self –perceived halitosis and oral hygiene habits among dental students in Ernakulum district. Journal of Pierre Fauchard Academy 2021;35(1):1-7
- Photodynamic therapy: A new innovation in periodontics. Malanadu Dental Journal 2021;10 (1):39-47
- Assessment of the awareness of periodontal diseases and oral hygiene practice among various healthcare professionals: A cross sectional study. IP Int J Periodontol Implantol 2020;5(4):149-153.
- The Inflammasomes: A confounding chapter in Periodontics. IP International Journal of Periodontology and Implantology. 5. 159-167. 10.18231/j.ijpi.2020.036.
- Determination of prevalence of Temporomandibulardisorders among dental students in Ernakulum district – A cross sectional study. IP Int J Periodontol Implantol 2020;5(4):154-158.
- Paralleling technique Frenectomy. malanadu Dental Journal. vol 9/Issue 2 April –June 2020
- Determination of the Correlation between Dermatoglyphics and Periodontitis: A Case Control Study. Journal of Pierre Fauchard Academy (India Section). 34. 23-29. 10.18311/jpfa/2020/24579.
- Management of ankyloglossia by diode laser –A case Report .IP Int J Periodontol Implantol 2020;5(1)41-4.
- Relocation of Muscle Attachments to improve Denture retention Utilizing Free Gingival Graft .Annoor Journal of Scientific research.Vol 2.Issue 2.Jan-Apr.2020.
- Maxillary labial frenectomybyusing conventional technique and laser-Repot of two cases.Int Dent J Student Res 2020;8(1):27-32.
- Evaluation of salivary pH in periodontitis patients-a Pilot Study. JournaloftheSocietyof Periodontistsand ImplantologistsofKerala. Vol. 11 | Issue 3 | December2019
- Free gingival Graft – The Silver bullet in Periodontal Plastic Surgery. Journal of the Society of Periodontists and Implantologists of Kerala.Vol. 11 | Issue 2 | July 2019
- The knowledge awareness and attitude of patients towards dental Implants-A pilot Study. Journal of the Society of Periodontists and Implantologists of Kerala. Vol. 11 | Issue 3 | December2019
- Oxidative Stress and Periodontal disease.Dentistry and Dent Pract J 2019,2(1):180011.
- Evaluation of relationship between sleep deprivation and periodontitis: a pilot study. JSPIK; DEC-2018.10(3).
- Co-relation of oral health status and intelligence quotient (IQ) levels among differently abled individuals; an observational study.JSPIK;Dec-2018;10(3);103-107.
- Passion for gold. Malanadu dental Journal.Oct –Dec 2018;7(4); 302-305.
- Multiple root coverage using the Vista approach in the posterior region; MDJ July- September 2018;7(3).
- Empathy among dental students and dentists towards patients –an institutional cross sectional survey; Journal of Cochin Periodontists society- June 2018;3(1)
- Evaluation of the relationship between abdominal obesity and periodontal disease a pilot study; Malanadu dental Journal; April–June;2018;7(2).
- Socket preservation followed by implant placement –A case report; Kerala dental Journal;April 2018;41(1);
- Comprehensive review on the biological width, functional and esthetic requirements of crown length; International journal of periodontology and implantology, January-March 2018;3(1):32-36.
- Soft tissue augmentation utilizing subepithelial connective tissue graft -report of two cases Kerala Dental Journal April 2017;40(2)
- Gingival correction to enhance implant esthetics in the restoration of an anterior tooth MDJ;2017;2()
- Free gingival graft for increasing the width of attached gingiva – A pilot study. International Journal of Oral Health Dentistry 2017;3(2);89-93.
- Oil pulling – A natural healer; Journal of society of periodontists and Implantologists of kerala;2017;41(1);
- Awareness of risk factors for periodontal disease among people attending Dental College;JSPIK Vol 9, Issue 2, July 2017: 67-72
- Histological evaluation of epithelial thickness, Microvasculature and Number of Mast Cells in the gingiva of Smokers with Chronic Periodontitis; Journal of clinical and diagnostic research;2017;11(11):ZC18-ZC21
- Rich Fibrin- an enigma to explore?; JSPIK; December 2017:9(3);136-143.
- Esthetic Rehabilitation of Siebert’s Class II Case with Loop Connectors and Connective Tissue Graft. Journal of International Oral Health. 2016;8(1):1-4.
- Assessment of the awareness of the association between periodontics and systemic conditions/diseases amongst general population- a pilot study; Kerala Dental Journal; 2016;39(4);258-260.
- Role of supportive periodontal therapy in practice management; Malanadu Dental Journal 2016;5(2);11-13.
- Determination of the patterns in the prescribing medications for periodontal disease among dentists – A pilot study; Journal of Cochin Periodontists society 2016;1(1);92-95.
- Histological and histometrical evaluation of two synthetic hydroxyapatite based bio materials in the experimental periodontal defects in dogs; Journal of clinical and Diagnostic research;2014;8(9);52-55.
- Splinting in dentistry made easy using a novel “splint stabilizer spring”; Health sciences;2013;4(2)
- Role of stem cells of dental origin in the field of medicine and dentistry – a review; JSPIK; 2013;6(3);111.
- Laser dentistry: an insight into its applications and relevance;JSPIK;2012;6(2);73-75.
- Magnification in dentistry; Kerala Dental Journal; 2010;33(4);239-241.
- Antioxidants- a novel concept in dental treatment. Journal of the society of periodontists and implantologists of kerala, JSPIK:2009:3(1),
- Women and periodontium. Kerala dental journal.2003;26(1);23-26
- Classification , etiology, diagnosis and management of Endodontics-Periodontal Lesions. Kerala Dental Journal.10-12.
- Revised recommendations for antibiotic prophylaxis in dentistry; The Malabar dentist;12-14
- Recurrent aphthous stomatitis- a review, The Malabar dentist;13-15;
- Microbes in the etiopathogenesis of periodontal disease; JISP;2000;3(3);6-8.
- The Inflammasomes: A confounding chapter in Periodontics. IP Int J Periodontol Implantol 2020;5(4):159-167
- ICMR STS project: Guided ICMR studentship project- 2020, 2022
- Kerala State Council of Science Technology and Environment Funded Project, 2019